Ecuador Quito Mission: May 2015- November 2016

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 21

Hey fam! We have emergency transfers so I will be getting back on the computer later but this week was good! The doctor wants me in a sector without hills so Im getting transfered to Turubamba. My new companion is Hermana Greer and she is from the good ol St. Johns AZ! We played volleyball against eachother but never met eachother until the mish! haha Im sad to leave Hermana Molina! But All is well!:)
I learned a valuble lesson this week haha! We were contacting and we knocked on the door of this guy and when he opened it I was a little scared to be honest. He has full tatttoos and he has a scar on his hand that is some gang/devil sign that looks like he did it with a knife. Hermana Molina and I just acted like nothing happened and introduced ourselves but the both of us were a little freaked out when we left. Yesterday we had a lesson with him and got to know him better but we found out he is only 16 years old and his mom died of cancer when he was little. He doesnt really understand who God is or know his purpose in this life. By the end of the lesson I seriously just wanted to hug him and cry cuz his life is so rough but he wants to learn more about the gospel. He is one of those people that need the gospel the most!! Everyone (no matter how scary they look) need the opportunity to feel the love of the savior in their life. 
Today my sweet convert Jennifer made me shrimp and all sorts of yummy stuff for lunch before I leave! I didnt know it was going to be so tough to leave my peeps of Conocoto! I think a little piece of my heart will be here forever!
I love you all tons! Im doing good and loving the work! Im excited to learn a new sector and meet more amazing people!! Have a great week!!!!
Love,

Hermana Brimhall





No comments:

Post a Comment