Ecuador Quito Mission: May 2015- November 2016

Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 16

My dear cute family,

This week was a little rough investigator wise because well we dont have any that are progressing but we were contacting SO MUCH. We literally have 100 contacts this last week, but hopefully we will get some of them progressing this week! I have faith in them:) I learned not to judge people by their appearance. One of our contacts was the man that looked kinda Asian because he was completely bald with only a beard thing around his mouth and their was three long braids in the part under his chin. My companion and I were both kind of avoiding him partly because his shirt was half way unbottoned and he had some knarly chest hair. He just started talking to us though and he turned out to be a really sweet guy! We got to talk to him and meet his mom and we are going back this next week to meet his brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews. The houses are a lot different here because a family (like grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren) will all live in the same house just different floors or rooms by individual families. Its great though! We met a lot of new people.
At a baptism of the Elders the guy that got baptized was VERY happy and excited after so he came up and hugged me and Hermana Terranova. We all know thats against the rules as missionaries and the bishop was standing right by us so I just looked at him all guilty and he was laughing so hard! I told the bishop we are sinners and he just thought it was the funniest thing because of my face. He taught me how to shake peoples hads and push this pressure point thing so they cant lean in and it actually works! haha 
We had a noche de hogar with the family of our pensionista last night and they are just so much fun! Im learning all sorts of new games in the mission haha we will have to do a game night in like a year and a half so I can teach you all how to play them!
But all is well here! Im doing great. I have a few pics of my sector and house for you this week!







I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment