Ecuador Quito Mission: May 2015- November 2016

Friday, June 19, 2015

Week 5

HOLA!!

So this past Sunday was fast Sunday and I was kind of nervous to fast because they do a full 24 hour fast and I always get sick when I do a 12 hour one. I seriously have never felt stronger in my life than during that fast. It was kind of weird! I prayed pretty much through the whole fast that I wouldn't get sick and it was seriously such a blessing! I wasn't even shaky.


But I'm in a Latino district now and I have my companion. Hermana Cordon is in my district so I have a little English still but my companion doesn't speak any Spanish at all and its been a little rough hahaha but very funny! She is a sweet girl and very patient but Im realizing how OCD I really am (that's all I will say about that). It was weird trying to figure out how to communicate with her but I am getting really good at charades! I am understanding Spanish pretty good but im still awful at conjugating the words. 



One of the Hermanas from Argentina speaks pretty good English and she told me that my R sounds good for not being Latina! haha I finally mastered how to say regocijate which means rejoice and guardará. All of the Latinos here always come up to me and say those two words because I couldn't say them right . But jokes on them because now I got it! hahaha During a meeting I read a scripture about 10 times for the teacher and every time I said regocijate wrong so that's why its ALL of the missionaries that tease me haha they are so funny!


I have an Elder in my District that sings songs in English all of the time haha its quite funny actually because its like Bruno Mars and Justin Beiber. 


One day in class we were doing little tongue twister things in Spanish just because I don't really know why actually hahah but some of the Latinos were trying to do some in English and I was seriously dying laughing. It was great! OH! and head shoulders knees and toes is different here. Like way different hahah we had to do it in our class for something and I couldn't get it right hahaha


I love it here! Its my last P-day in the CCM so I wont be on until next Monday! Like a week from this Monday. So if you don't hear from me don't worry! I'm alive and I love you all!!! 

Love,
Hermana Brimhall

No comments:

Post a Comment