Ecuador Quito Mission: May 2015- November 2016

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Week 3


This week has been really good!! We got to hear from Elder Alverez on Monday. He is from the area 70 and he talked about raising the bar as missionaries. We are expected to be more worthy, focused, and obedient because we now have all of the resources to do so. On Tuesday we heard a devotional broadcast from Provo and Elder Holland spoke. He is such a powerful speaker!!! He focused on converting ourselves before we try to convert others and to also stay converted once we return home. He also talked about how we need to open our mouths! When Joseph Smith prayed about which church was true Satan took away his power to speak. He didn't have the power to take Joseph Smiths life but his voice was the next greatest power that he had. I JUST LOVED IT! and its about infinity times better coming from an apostle!




The Hermana trio from my district are the new Hermana leaders here and they gave the lesson in Spanish on Sunday is relief society! I was so proud of them. This whole language thing is tough but its so amazing to see how far we have all come.



A lot of the people here have problems with the food but I do not hahahaha They are all impressed with my eating abilities. One night President Duvall was helping them all out with a little extra fiber from this special fruit and they didn't tell me what it was for. They just told me to try it and I did! It tasted really good but it was a bad idea... My health and everything is all really good! My teachers do this thing called the Spanish workout and we have to do squats every time they hear us speaking English hahah its actually really funny!! 



The teachers, missionaries, and all of the people here are so much fun and so so so sweet!! You don't have to worry about me not being loved because I get kisses from the Latinas about every day! Yesterday the cook made all of the North Americans Mickey Mouse pancakes! hahaha It was the cutest thing ever!!! They are soooo good to me here and I absolutely love everyone!! One of the sweet Latina Hermanas told me that its okay that I don't know Spanish because I have a contagious smile haha! I guess I got something going for me!
The gospel is true people! I am doing so good and I appreciate all of the love and prayers!!!

I Love you all with my whole heart!!
Hermana Brimhall

No comments:

Post a Comment