Ecuador Quito Mission: May 2015- November 2016

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Beginning of a Wonderful Journey

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 I begin my trek as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.



I made it! Colombia is absolutely beautiful. Sorry but I dont think Im ever coming home. All of my flights went well and only one sister almost got smashed in the train at the Atlanta Airport haha! On the airplane to Colombia the flight attendant was passing out customs paperwork and he asked me in Spanish if I was a Colombian resident and I just nodded my head because I didn't know what he was saying so he just started laughing really hard! The lady next to me was American so both of us just started laughing too and he said in English that if I dont know what he is saying I need the papers haha! We got here after 11 last night and the people here are crazy drivers!!  My MTC President and his wife are so so so nice!! love them!! My companion is Hermana Cordon! She is one of the girls I met in Utah. There is only about 55 missionaries in the MTC right now and I'm pretty sure only about 10 know English. Us five Hermanas that traveled together are the only English speaking sisters here. 


Words of Wisdom: The C in the showers here mean calor (hot!) not cold and the F means frio but I think it should mean freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment